Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ah...Springtime in the Pacific Northwest

Someone forgot to tell Seattle that it's springtime everywhere else in the world. I love everyone's beautiful spring pictures for EmilyPie's photo challenge...and sadly, this is the best that I could muster. This is just what springtime means in the Pacific Northwest...rain, and lots of it.

*pay no attention to the dirty windows, please*
I'd complain more, but all this rain leads to a most gorgeous, lush, green summertime. I will, however, complain about the temperature. While in other places the temperature is a balmy 70 degrees, here in Seattle it is a brisk 39 degrees. Yes, people. 39!!! That's just 5 degrees above freezing!
Springtime my butt...
****************************************************
Edited 3/28/08
Now it's snowing, people

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad. Spring here is like a whole day and then it's summer and the A/C bills start rolling in!